Wednesday 5 June 2013

Towpath Trip - #Juneathon Day 5

The last two days, the weather has been glorious and with Sarah being away, there was no opportunity for me to do any exercise outside the house. So obviously now she's back, the sun has spent all day behind a cloud. Although I've felt like I'd been hit by a brick all day and all I wanted to do was go back to bed, I wanted to get out into the fresh air.

When I left the house, I hadn't really got a route in mind - just that I'd head up onto the canal towpath and see how I got on doing a 5k run. I warmed up for 1 mile and then set off, switching from the Birmingham Mainline to the Old Mainline and my pace seemed OK, however as I was about to rejoin the Mainline, I realised two things - 1, I was about to have a shoe-mergency and 2, I needed the loo! I slowed to a walk to find a convenient place to remedy the situation before picking up the pace again afterwards.

I use runkeeper to record my details, which at the end of the exercise said I'd done the 5k in 28m 09. (I deliberately kept the walk/run parts separate). Funnily enough, I'm not too disappointed with this, even though on the face of it, it was over two minutes slower than my PB. I have, however, learned to take the GPS trace from my phone/runkeeper with a pinch of salt. The organisers of Park Run Walsall have told me that the course is measured to be 5k (3.11 miles), however runkeeper hadn't got close to reaching that figure and even though I've done 14 Park Runs, I don't think it's recorded the same distance twice! (Even if the Park Run course wasn't exactly 5k - it's certainly not 0.3 miles out)! Gives me hope that I can be faster on Saturday!

Running exercise total: 3.11 miles (5km) in 28m 09.
Walking exercise total: 2.1 miles in 32m 54

Juneathon totals:

Running:
Distance - 6.22 miles
Time - 54m 18

Swimming:
Distance - 1.55 miles
Time - 54 m 24

Cycling:
Distance - 19 miles
Time - 56m 01


Walking:
Distance - 2.1 miles
Time - 32m 54

Total Distance - 28.87 miles
Total Time - 3h 17m 38

No comments:

Post a Comment