Monday 17 June 2013

Emergency Run - #Juneathon Day 17

Today I was planning a session on the exercise bike. As this requires very little preparation, I wasn't in any hurry to get going. Around 7pm, I went into the study (I say study, it's what we call it, not that any studying goes on in there - a more factual descripton would be 'the-place-we-dump-everything-when-someone-is-coming-so-the-rest-of-the-house-looks-vaguely-tidy room'). I sat on the exercise bike and started to pedal lightly, waiting for the display to come on. It didn't.

Confused, I pressed some of the buttons. Checked the back of the console to see if there was an on/off switch that had got knocked - No. Checked it was plugged in - It was. Checked all sorts of things - no joy. What was I going to do? I hadn't done any exercise for Juneathon.

There was only one option - a run. I quickly changed into my Father's Day running top and a pair of shorts, plugged in my Father's Day headphones - ooo! comfy! and headed out. Using runfinder.co.uk I traced out a circular route on the road that would be somewhere in the region of 5k, just because I knew that would take me no more than half an hour and I hadn't had my tea!

It was a sunny evening and the run went really well. My pace was a little slower than for Parkrun, but that wasn't important. Now to try and work out how to fix my exercise bike!

Running: 2.86 miles in 24m 48

Juneathon totals:

Running:
Distance - 20.96 miles
Time - 3h 01m 50


Swimming:
Distance - 4.03 miles
Time - 2h 23m 12

Cycling:
Distance - 58.94 miles
Time - 2h 58m 42

Walking:
Distance - 9.19 miles
Time - 2h 28m 33

Cross Trainer:
Distance - 3.73 miles
Time - 31m 46

Rowing Machine:
Distance - 1.24 miles
Time - 09m 07

Total Distance - 98.09 miles
Total Time - 11h 33m 10

No comments:

Post a Comment