Saturday 29 June 2013

The no15, no22 and no29 buses. #Juneathon day 29

Another Saturday, another parkrun, but to be honest, I wasn't expecting anything from my run this morning.

I didn't get in until nearly midnight and I was right out of puff after playing my trumpet (although hopefully lots of money was raised for Shelter). This made getting out of bed difficult and I just about managed to get myself out if the house in time.

In comparison to the last couple of days, the weather was quite nice - the sun was actually out! There was a bit of a breeze, but it wasn't cold and I actually felt quite good as I walked from the car down to the start line.

Just before we started, I spotted the woman who finished immediately in front of me when I set my PB last week, so I thought it might not be a bad idea to try following her round, reasoning that I should be on for an OK time if I did. However, this didn't last long as I actually felt like I had a bit of pace in me and I ended up overtaking quite a few people as we approached the end of the first lap. With an opening mile of around 8 minutes, anything was still possible.

In fact, as I headed into lap 2, I passed some people that I usually associate with finishing way in front of me. I'm not daft enough to think that I was going that well and just concentrated on running my own race. Heading up Beacon Way for the second time, I could feel my pace slowing, but passing the 2 mile mark, I was still under 17 minutes.

The final lap continued to feel good, but the tank was starting to empty. As such, I was passed by a couple of people who still had the energy for a sprint finish. It it possible for a stopwatch to show both a great and a gutting time simultaneously? My wristwatch was saying 25m 01 (later officially confirmed at 25m 03) so although that was another PB, my third in three weeks! I was disappointed not to break the 25 minute barrier - perhaps that could be a birthday present for me next Saturday!

Park Run #18: 3.11miles (5km) in 25m 03 (63rd finisher)

Juneathon Parkrun Summary:
PB prior to Juneathon: 26m 04
Current PB 25m 03 (-1m 01) set 29 June 2013.

I got home to find the house empty, which is not unusual as the kids are at swimming lessons, but after she joined the People's Orchestra (see my blog post here for further details) Sarah was heading into Halesowen to get some cleaning stuff for her flute. This left me with time on my hands (as well as Q3 for the British Grand Prix) during which I started to wonder whether I needed another challenge for running.

So, the plan is to start a Bridge to 10k programme as on a whim I have entered the Walsall Fun Run on 22 September.

Juneathon totals:


Running:
Distance - 29.99 miles
Time - 4h 19m 05

 
Swimming:
Distance - 5.27 miles
Time - 3h 50m 38

Cycling:
Distance - 126.65 miles
Time - 8h 46m 03

Walking:
Distance - 17.98 miles
Time - 4h 37m 18

Cross Trainer:
Distance - 10.32 miles
Time - 1h 31m 51

Rowing Machine:
Distance - 1.24 miles
Time - 09m 07


Total Distance - 192.69 miles
Total Time - 23h 14m 02

No comments:

Post a Comment