Wednesday 19 June 2013

34 - #Juneathon Day 19

When I looked at the swimming timetable yesterday, I decided that the plan for today should be to go swmming. The only problem with this was that I was looking at the timetable for Tuesday and not Wednesday.

One of the reasons I decided I needed to lose weight was that my 40 inch jeans were starting to feel uncomfortably tight and in a time of defiance refused to move up to a size 42. Without a decent idea as to what exercise I was going to do today, I donned some clothes vaguely sensible for running and legged it to Asda, which, it turns out is only half a mile away.

I had been wearing 36 inch jeans for the last couple of months, but last night I took some measurements that suggested I'd lost 5cm off my waistline. In a way it's nice to know that even if I don't appear to be losing weight, my body shape is changing. At Asda, I grabbed a pair of 34 inch jeans and a pair of 32 inches as well for a laugh.

The 34 inch jeans fitted surprisingly well, the 32 inch were far too tight, although as a positive, I could do the button up (I couldn't comfortably breathe in them, but that was besides the point), so I left with a pair and a couple of pairs of shorts! By the time I got home, I'd only covered just over a mile. Although this is OK for Juneathon, it's not that helpful to keep my 2013/2013 on track.

Remembering that the pool I did Swimathon at was in a different borough, I checked the timetable to find they had later public swimming available and so I was able to get a bit more exercise done.

Somewhere between my youth and the present day, I've lost the ability to swim backstroke in a straight line. When I was training for Swimathon, I didn't bother doing backstroke as it wasn't going to be permitted on the day. The only time I did try backstroke was when I was at Crosby Leisure Centre and I put that down to the design of the roof (which was curved in above pool). In the short time I had the lane to myself tonight, I tried some back stroke and at one minute I was hitting the rope on the right and a shortly afterwards hit the rope on my left.

There were swimming lessons going on in the other three lanes and after a couple of lengths, I noticed that all the kids were waiting at the deep end and imagined that the teacher was saying "Pay attention to what I'm telling you or you'll end up all over the shop like that muppet!"

Better planning required for tomorrow!

Running: 1.04 miles in 8m 36
Swimming:  1.24 miles in 42m 43


Juneathon totals:

Running:
Distance - 22.00 miles
Time - 3h 10m 26


Swimming:
Distance - 5.27 miles
Time - 3h 05m 55

Cycling:
Distance - 69.94 miles
Time - 3h 31m 33

Walking:
Distance - 9.19 miles
Time - 2h 28m 33

Cross Trainer:
Distance - 6.59 miles
Time - 56m 34

Rowing Machine:
Distance - 1.24 miles
Time - 09m 07


Total Distance - 113.64 miles
Total Time - 13h 17m 21
 

No comments:

Post a Comment