Saturday 8 June 2013

Can anyone tie a shoelace? #Juneathon Day 8

Park Run again this morning and it was a beautiful day in Walsall Arboretum. I crossed the line and the volunteer scanning bar codes asked "Did you enjoy that?" The only reply I could give was "Not really, but at least I finished".

Having used some of the Couch to 5k podcast and 5k+ extension packs, the voice-over tells you that sometimes you will run well and sometimes you won't. I could think up some reasons why I didn't do so well - some might be right, but really, they'd only be excuses so I'm just going to put this morning down to one of those days I just didn't run well. Next week it's going to be different - although if someone can tweet me (@plockplock) before 8.45am to remind me to make sure my shoelaces are done up properly so I don't have to stop at the first corner and re-tie them, that would be appreciated.

Even though I was slower than in previous weeks, my finishing position was actually higher. Somehow, I also managed not to be lapped. Having said that the Aldridge 10k is taking place tomorrow, so some of the runners may be keeping their powder dry for that. Good luck to anyone taking part in that.

Park Run #15: 3.11 miles (5km) in 26m 28 (63rd finisher)
Walk - 1.5 miles in 26m 47

Juneathon totals:

Running:
Distance - 10.33 miles
Time - 1h 29m 19

Swimming:
Distance - 1.55 miles
Time - 54 m 24

Cycling:
Distance - 33.04 miles
Time - 1h 37m 36

Walking:
Distance - 5.06 miles
Time - 1h 23m 34

Cross Trainer:
Distance - 1.86 miles
Time - 14m 557

Rowing Machine:
Distance - 1.24 miles
Time - 09m 07

Total Distance - 53.08 miles
Total Time - 5h 49m 57

1 comment:

  1. Well done so far and good luck for the rest of Juneathon

    ReplyDelete